Xûr has arrived! What’s worth your hard-earned Strange Coins?
|An Insurmountable Skullfort (36/51 INT, 31/46 STR)||Titan||Striker||Helmet||13|
|Knucklehead Radar (34/49 INT, 35/50 DISC)||Hunter||Any||Helmet||13|
|Claws of Ahamkara (50/63 STR)||Warlock||Any||Gauntlet||13|
This helmet is ideal for the punch-happy Titan.
51 Intellect & 46 Strength
- IMPROVED TRANSFUSION – Kills with Storm Fist immediately trigger health regeneration. Respawn with full melee energy. Gain a second melee charge.
- HANDS-ON or HEAVY LIFTING – Gain bonus Super energy from melee kills on minions of the Darkness or Gain bonus Super energy from Heavy Weapon kills on minions of the Darkness.
- INVIGORATION – Gain bonus melee energy on Orb pickups.
Should I buy it?
The Skullfort is very much of a Jack-of-all-trades Exotic in PvE. The Improved Transfusion is helpful if not revolutionary, contributing to survivability while allowing for some perk flexibility.
Although it doesn’t grant the useful Rain Blows perk, Skullfort’s Transfusion is potent, activating on both regular melee and Shoulder Charge kills alike. You are free to select between Aftershocks and Headstrong with this benefit, and Amplify and Discharge become appealing options in lieu of Overload with Skullfort granting melee energy after every death.
Useful on either subclass, it can be invaluable in PvP for giving you extra awareness, while also helping out in PvE for quicker cooldowns.
49 Intellect & 50 Discipline, excellent rolls.
- SENSOR PACK – Radar remains visible while aiming Primary Weapons.
- INVERSE SHADOW or HANDS-ON – Increased Super energy gained from killing minions of the Darkness or Gain bonus Super energy from melee kills on minions of the Darkness.
- INFUSION – Replenishes health each time you pick up an Orb of Light.
Should I buy it?
This helm is an old favorite for those who like to switch their weapon loadouts around, but definitely not something to purchase if you’re low on Coins. Sensor Pack is useful in PvP: you’re able to see your radar while looking down the sights of any primary weapon.
The downside of this helm is that is that Inverse Shadow & Hands-On do not work outside of PvE. Furthermore, Sensor Pack will rarely be necessary in PvE.
In PvP you’re left with the increased awareness from your radar and a melee cooldown from grenade damage. For newer players this is a wonderful helm to use until you have better map knowledge and awareness.
Another subclass-neutral piece of armor – 63 Strength.
- THE WHISPERS – Gain an additional charge for all Warlock-charged melees.
- SNAP DISCHARGE or IMPACT INDUCTION – Increases melee attack speed or Bonus grenade energy on melee hits.
- AUTO RIFLE LOADER or SNIPER RIFLE LOADER – Increases the reload speed of Auto Rifles or Sniper Rifles.
Should I buy it?
The Warlock melee is arguably the most versatile in Destiny, and having two charges that can be doled out faster than normal makes it even better. If your melee ability isn’t up, these will help you squeeze out in a close quarters fight. What makes these especially awesome, is that they’re equally useful for all subclasses. I’d prefer to use these on a Sunsginer for the extra Flame Shield though, but it’s just personal preference.
The increased reload to autos and snipers is also handy for just about every situation, and like all of the Exotic gauntlets, it’ll reduce the reload speed by about .7 seconds.
Having a perk benefit both subclasses is very rare with Exotic pieces of gear,and it’s nice because you can choose which you prefer. It maintains a perfect balance between the two, so players have complete flexibility over which class to play and won’t be left with a useless Exotic if they wish to change subclass.