Xûr, Agent of the Nine is an ally that can only be described as a black market figure, selling extremely rare and useful items. As we can see from many of the Exotic quality pieces of equipment, Xûr plays an important role in acquiring these items.
We have an in-depth text/video review for all the Exotic weapons!
Xûr sells objects of legendary power. He accepts his own currency, in service of his own enigmatic goals – or those of equally cryptic masters. Mysterious, too, is the nature of his presence in the Tower. Does he have some arrangement with the Vanguard or the Speaker? Are there those among the Guardian elite who understand Xûr’s nature and ultimate purpose? Or have all efforts to control his comings and goings simply failed?
Video: Xûr’s Story
[toggle title=”Xûr’s Quotes” state=”close” ]
- “So lonely here.”
- “I am only an Agent. The Nine rule beyond the Jovians.”
- “I cannot explain what the Nine are. They are… very large. I cannot explain. The fault is mine, not yours.”
- “I think it is very possible that I am here to help you.”
- “Each mote of dust tells a story of ancient Earth.”
- “I think the cells of this body are dying “
- “I do not entirely control my movements.”
- “Some of the cells in this body began on this world, how strange to return.”
- “There are no birds where I came from. The things that fly… are like shadows.”
- “I understood my mission when the Nine put it in me, but now I cannot articulate it.”
- “This is but one end.”
- “These inner worlds are very strange.”
- “My movements are to a significant degree dependent on planetary alignments.”
- “I feel a great many consciousnesses impinging on mine, and all of them so small and lonely.”
- “Bodies come and go but the cells remember. And if they forget, the Nine remember it for us.”
- “My function here is to trade, I know this.”
- “I have told you what I can.”
- “If I am here, it is The Nine who sent me.”
- “I may be here.”
- “So much Light here, I suppose I feel pain.”
- “Beyond even the outer worlds, the true deep begins.”
- “My movements are not predictable, even to me!”
- “We saw the colony fail, not knowing what we saw.”
- “It is my will to speak to you.”
- “My will is not my own.”
- “I hope to be here again.”
- “It is very possible that the Nine intend to help humanity.”
- “An end will come. We will be there.”
- “The Awoken did not have a choice. We did.”
- “I may be here when you return.”
- “I do not know what the Nine want with you.”
- “There is something inside me that wishes to connect.”
- “An end will come. We will be here.”
- “For organic life to exist it requires constant adaptation.”
- “The Nine wish to speak to you.”
- “Do not be alarmed, I have no reason to cause you harm.”
- “But it was the Nine who gave us purpose, and it was the Nine who keep us whole.”
- “We came up from the dust, and burrowed into flesh for warmth, and became… something new.”
- “I have information. I do not know yet if it’s you it is for.”
- “The pull of the outer worlds is so faint here. The sun is so heavy.”
- “Your Traveler has a dark mirror.”
- “You are the one I was sent to find!”
- “When my mission here is done, the Nine will send for me.”
- “I came for the Light, perhaps. To understand the Light.”
His stock refreshes every week. This is what’s been sold in the past:
Xûr spawns at different areas of the Tower every Friday. This vendor is not always available, below is a schedule of upcoming dates & times (GMT) when you can find Agent of the Nine in-game:
|PDT||Friday, 1:00 AM||Sunday, 1:00 AM|
|EDT||Friday, 4:00 AM||Sunday, 4:00 AM|
|GMT||Friday, 9:00 AM||Sunday, 9:00 AM|
|CET||Friday, 10:00 AM||Sunday, 10:00 AM|
|AETS||Friday, 7:00 PM||Sunday, 7:00 PM|
[divider]Who are the Nine?
- The Nine are survivors of the cis-Jovian colonies who made a compact with an alien force to ensure their own survival.
- The Nine are deep-orbit warminds who weathered the Collapse in hardened stealth platforms.
- The Nine are ancient leviathan intelligences from the seas of Europa or the hydrocarbon pits of Titan.
- The Nine arrived in a mysterious transmission from the direction of the Corona-Borealis supercluster.
- The Nine are the firstborn Awoken and their minds now race down the field lines of the Jupiter-Io flux tube.
- The Nine are Ghosts who pierced the Deep Black without a ship and meditated on the hissing silence of the heliopause.
- The Nine are the aspects of the Darkness, broken by the Traveler’s rebuke, working to destroy us from within.
- The Nine is a viral language of pure meaning.
- The Nine are the shadows left by the annihilation of a transcendent shape, burned into the weft of what is.
Alliance with the Exo Stranger?
Though not much is known about Xûr, he will clearly be an instrumental part of our 20+ experience. There is a Grimoire card for Xûr in the “Tower Allies” deck.
Could the Exo Stranger be aligned with the Nine?