Published on: Sep 3, 2015 @ 18:16
You can find the full weekly update at Bungie.net
Destiny: The Taken King will launch at 2AM Pacific on September 15th.
On 9/8, you can start earning reputation with Banshee-44, the Gunsmith, by trying out his field test weapons. Get ready for Armsday! #TTK
— Mark Noseworthy (@knowsworthy) September 4, 2015
This week at Bungie we cut a path through the Dreadnaught that brought us before the Court of Oryx.
Designer Ben Wommack led the way on the reveal, just as he did in imagining this new cooperative experience. Community Guest Laced Up Lauren provided the point of view, along with a fresh perspective on the action (and an Exotic Sword). Community Lead Urk was on hand to serve as armed escort and comic relief.
Court of Oryx empowers you to instigate your own Public Events. After the launch of The Taken King – now only weeks away – we’re putting the control in your hands to summon enemy bosses to war aboard the Dreadnaught. Within the mysterious confines of that loot-filled fortress, Patrol is far from easy mode.
Did you miss it? Or maybe you just want to see them dance with those blades all over again?
There were some exclusive reveals for the live audience. Don’t worry, though. We’ll dish them out for all to enjoy soon enough in our official channels and in high definition glory. Just goes to show that you that anything can happen when we turn on the stream. They’re already out there if you can find them, though. Just look for the people discussing the fact that the King’s Fall Raid begins on Friday, September 18th at 10AM Pacific – giving you just barely enough time to kick ass and gear up after launch.
If you also missed the gameplay trailer from earlier in the week, this will accelerate you closer to full speed.
That’s not all we have to reveal this week. Are you looking for trouble, Guardian?
Time for Battle!
Update 2.0 is inbound. On September 8th, we’ll all begin to experience much of the Year 2 groundwork. It’s filled with changes to the player experience. It also has some surprises in store for every player – one courtesy of Lord Shaxx himself.
If you’ve bought Destiny, whether you’ve pre-ordered The Taken King or not, we’re sending you into the Crucible to experience new modes of battle on every brand new map. One thing to note: You won’t have the use of your new Super abilities yet. You’ll have to visit your class Vanguard in The Taken King to earn your new subclass. For now, though, you can and should check out the new slate of maps on offer, and two of the new modes.
The Crucible Preview Event will take place from September 8th to September 14th. Go and get yourself an early taste of some Rift! And follow it up with a heaping helping of Mayhem!
Once Oryx arrives in our Solar System, the new Crucible content will become the sole property of those Guardians who pick up and continue playing The Taken King. This is your chance to try before you buy – or download. Think of it as your own personal E3 or gamescom, only it happens at home on your couch.
New Year Resolutions
You have one more weekend to experience Destiny as it has existed in Year One. On September 8th, the deployment of Update 2.0 will change the way we play. Next week, we’ll deliver complete patch notes to keep you occupied. Here’s a tactical preview for how things about to change:
- Character Level Cap for all players will be raised to 34
- Level Cap for The Taken King will be 40
- You will be able to level up by gaining XP alone
- Character Level and Light are now separate statistics
- Your Character Level will be grandfathered into your highest possible Light Level from all gear in your inventory and vault
- Attack and Defense ratings for armor and weapons will be translated to the new systems – their power levels will be unchanged
- Grimoire Score has been moved from the Character Nameplate and now displays in the Character Screen
- A Quest Screen will be added to your Menu
- Tracks all active Quests
- Abandoned Quests can be recovered in the Hall of Guardians
- Year One Activities have been converted to the Quest system
- Bounty slots will be increased to 16
- Incomplete Year One Bounties will be auto-abandoned on 09/08 in preparation for launch of The Taken King
- Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors
- Year One bounties issues by Eris will be retired
- Reputation with Crota’s Bane can continue to be earned by completing Quests in The Taken King
- Collections have been added to the Tower
- Emblems/Shaders can be found near Eva Lavante
- Ships can be found near Amanda Holliday
- Exotic Armor and Weapon Blueprint added to the Tower
- You will now have the Blueprint for all Exotics you own in your Collection
- Report to the Vanguard in the Hall of Guardians
- Motes of Light will be used to grant XP to Weapons and Armor
- Class-specific Armor materials will be deprecated in favor of a unified Armor Material
- Vanguard Quartermaster, Roni-9940, will exchange old materials for armor materials
Weapons & Armor
- Revised Sandbox balance will be in effect, based on our previous analysis
- Fallen Wolf Hunt Patrols will retreat in anticipation of the arrival of Oryx in your solar system
As promised, full patch notes will be revealed next week. Based on this preview, our Live Team has some last minute suggestions for how you might best spend your final moments in Year One:
- Complete those Year One Bounties
- Don’t delete characters or dismantle items just yet
- Try the Year One campaign again
- Jump into the Crucible for some new action
- Try your beloved Auto-Rifles again
- Destroy remaining Wolf Packs and loot their chests for Ether Keys
- Complete your House of Wolves Grimoire as it applies to hunting in the wild
- Complete your Moments of Triumph [time extended – read below]
Got it? Good. You have approximately three days from the time that this blog article became a thing to make good on your last milestones of action and adventure. Gather ye Spinmetal while ye may!