This article can also be found at Bungie.net
- Fixed an issue in which multiple errors reported with Zebra error codes
- Errors previously reporting as Zebra will now display as their own separate codes
- Fixed a rare issue related to being Kicked To Login repeatedly
- Fixed a rare issue that resulted in a Kick To Orbit reported with the Cockatoo error code
- Fixed an issue where some players would occasionally be erroneously kicked at the beginning of an activity due to a server error
- Increased protection against account corruption
- Fixed an issue where Atheon was not choosing random targets for teleport through the timestream during the final encounter on the Vault of Glass
- Fixed an exploit where Atheon could be forced off his platform
More updates are to follow as we continue to support Destiny. Future enhancements being worked on include Exotic Weapon tuning, new features for voice communication between matchmade teammates, and the ability to hold more Bounties in your pocket at any time.
So, the update just went live. Atheon can no longer be pushed off his platform. He’ll also select people at random to be thrown across time. He’s a real bastard, eh?
I talked a lot to the developers about your opinions on the matter. You don’t want to be selected at random. You want to choose who gets to fetch the relic under fire from nasty Oracles. I spoke on your behalf. Your voice was heard. We discussed your concerns.
I even said “Why not just change Hard Mode and leave Easy Mode alone?”
I was told “The Raid is never supposed to be easy.”
At that point, I recalled all the times I stood and delivered the line “…the most challenging encounter we’ve ever created.” It was hard to disagree. As a veteran of Cairo Station on Legendary in Halo, I had to admit that I had been carried through the Raid like luggage assigned to my clan. I did my own carrying later, but carrying had been done.
This is an activity that was designed to be undertaken by a hardcore team that was ready and willing to adapt and improvise to changing battle conditions. Like the moment when the Templar shields random players, the Final Boss was supposed to be extremely dangerous. While we’ve been working on some of the other things for which you’ve been asking (i.e. better exotics, voice chat in matchmaking, more bounties), the designers who made the Raid have plugged the holes that you showed them.
If you got in on the ground floor of this thing, we thank you. If you understand the mechanics for how to beat Atheon, it’s still a thing you can teach your friends. If you’re all up to the challenge, the Raid is waiting for you.