Published on: Dec 5, 2015 @ 12:58
The Sparrow Racing event has officially been announced! If you own Destiny: The Taken King, starting December 8th, 2015 you’ll be able to race other players for at least 3 weeks in this fun new event! It is matchmade but you can also go in with 5 friends.
Exclusive Iron Banner armor for PlayStation was also announced. Iron Banner returns in December.
Races will take place on Mars (Campus Martius) and Venus (Infinite Descent). You’ll be able to earn cool Sparrows and ‘aerodynamic’ gear.
The Sparrow Racing League will offer a “six-player free-for-all death race.” After the update goes live on December 8th, visit Amanda Holliday in the Tower for the starting Quest. Pick up race bounties and earn 320 gear!
- Obtain your SRL Licence Quest and SRL Bounties via Amanda
- Earn a new Sparrow as part of the SRL Quest
- Upgrade your reputation by completing SRL Bounties
- Each Race can reward SRL gear and Shaders
- The higher your reputation, the better the post-game drops
- Helmets and Class Items can drop with up to 320 Light
- Helmets and Class Items with Light can be used for Infusion
- All other SRL gear has no Light, but features racing perks (see below)
The races run for three weeks and end on December 29th.
Also check in with Tess. Eververse Trading will have cosmetic offerings and more:
Alongside the launch of Sparrow Racing League on December 8, the Eververse Trading Company will undergo a refresh to include a new collection of emotes, new sparrows, and a special Sparrow Racing Bounty Book.
- New emotes to celebrate the thrill of speed and competition
- ToolKits that include stylish (but equally fast) Sparrows
- ToolKits that include Horns to let you signal your approach
- A new Record Book to provide more challenge and reward
- Complete challenges to earn vanity gear with 3 Light
- Collect an exclusive emblem and a shader
- Commemorate your SRL stats after the event is over
- SRL Helmets and Class Items acquired via the Record Book can be Infused
(info via Bungie.net)
PS owners get (early?) access to this Sparrow after completing a PS exclusive Quest.
DeeJ mentioned that you would be able to get – among other things – 320 Light gear! Check out the unique SRL perks:
- Helmets (one or the other):
- Increased control while airborne on a sparrow by giving them the option to pitch their sparrow forward or backwards for decreased or increased time in the air. Use this to optimize air time for tricks or to more easily position yourself during tricky jumps.
- Reduced Time needed spent holding the “summon” button to hop on to your sparrow. Useful if you’re constantly being blown up.
- Gauntlets reduce fuel consumption during side-boost maneuvers allowing players to strafe more before needing to regain fuel.
- Chest armor reduces the pesky summoning cooldown after a player’s sparrow is destroyed so that they can get back into the action quicker.
- Boots increase the amount of fuel players get from successfully performing tricks.
- Class items increase SRL reputation gains.