We saw a ton of new stuff in the stream and ViDoc today. Here are a few more gear updates we were able to glean from the stream:
First off, Bungie showed us a clip of the new SIVA themed Exotic Pulse Rifle first described in the Game Informer Article a few weeks back, and assuming nothing changes before launch it works as advertised. That is, on a Precision kill, a swarm of red SIVA bolts shoots out and seeks nearby enemies. This thing looks seriously fun to use, and probably can do a real number on groups of enemies because of Outlaw.
We also saw a ton of Ornamentation in play, and it looks like it has a pretty dramatic effect on the appearance of weapons and armor, although there are only a few effects that can be applied to each piece.
Next up, the new Nadir Machine Gun saw some action, an Exotic called Nemesis Star.
In addition to a view of the ornamentation options, we also got a glimpse of its perk table, which includes the following:
- Barrel Mods: Accurized Ballistics, Field Choke, Linear Compensator
- Spray and Play: Even with a 53 round magazine, the reload stat is incredibly low, so this is welcome.
- Perfect Balance / Field Scout / Speed Reload: Judging by the Stability bar here, Field Scout is going to be the best option by far.
- Nadir Signature Perk: Rangefinder as a background to the Nadir logo… that’s all we know.
- Ornamentation: Gunmetal black & cool red/gray.
We also saw brief glimpses of Ornaments for the Monte Carlo and Hawkmoon.
Finally, Bungie delivered on the promise of new Sidearms, showcasing an Iron Banner Sidearm with mini-bayonet affixed (we’re assuming you can’t stab people with it though), as well as a snub-nosed New Monarchy Sidearm and a third, long barreled Sidearm with burstfire that we’re hoping is the Robocop-style Exotic that Game Informer described.