What is Iron Banner?
The Iron Banner seeks great champions to lead the fight against the Darkness. It was born to honor the Iron Lords and their efforts in the earliest days of the City. Iron Banner will last until January 20th, 4 AM EST.
In normal Crucible matches, your character level and equipment’s Attack/Defense stats do not matter, as all weapons deal the same base damage relative to their archetype.
However, in matches where Level Advantages are enabled (IB & Trials of Osiris), those stats do matter and will function similarly – though not as extreme – to how they do in PvE.
Iron Banner Gear
Normal Crucible matches rarely award you high-quality gear, but in the Iron Banner you’ll have better odds of Legendary rewards.
Reforge any of the Iron Banner weapons by equipping them and talking to Lord Saladin.
- Lord Saladin is offering a 302/331 version of Timur’s Lash and Radegast’s Fury for Glimmer.
- You can buy Light level 36 gauntlets (Iron Regalia Gauntlets/Iron Regalia Sleeves/Iron Regalia Gloves).
- You can also buy Light level 33 chests (Iron Regalia Plate/Iron Regalia Vest/Iron Regalia Vestments).
- At the end of the match you’ll be eligible to receive a 302/331 version of Efrideet’s Spear and Silimar’s Wrath.
|Rank||XP to Unlock||Rewards|
|1||100||Sigil of the Iron Lords (10% boost)|
|2||1,200||Million Million (10% boost), Scar of Radegast (10% boost)|
- Lord Saladin will offer a 12-hour buff called Tempered which will boost Iron Banner reputation gains.
- You can use this buff multiple times throughout the week.
- As the week goes forward, this buff will boost gains even more, so people who start later in the week will be able to catch up easier.
Each win will earn you 50 experience. With an Iron Banner class item, shader, and emblem equipped – which give a stacking bonus to reputation gains – this will increase to 66 experience.
Without the 10-30% buffs, or Tempering, it’ll take about 140 games to reach Rank 5, starting from Rank 0.
If you didn’t win, you still won Iron Medallions. With these, you’re able to convert up to 5 losses into wins. The Tempering buff also works for these Medallions!
You gain 40 experience for the Medallion, so when you’ve won your next game, you’ll get not only the experience for the Medallion but also the experience for winning.
- Reputation gains are only awarded to the winners, but when you lose, you’ll be rewarded with an Iron Medallion token.
- You can carry up to 5 of these tokens, and they can be redeemed after your next win.
- Once redeemed, each Medallion you carry will convert into Iron Banner reputation.