- Pros – Above average Range and Mag Size.
- Cons – Average Aim Assist. Below average Stability and Reload Speed.
- Time-to-Kill: 0.86s (1 crit shot and 2 body shots)
- Rate of Fire: 22
- Impact: 87 (86 damage per crit shot, 57 damage per body shot)
- Range: 37
- Stability: 36
- Reload Speed: 36
- Mag Size: 10
- Aim Assist: 71
- Recoil Direction: 94
- Column 1 – SureShot IS/TrueSight IS
- Column 2 – Rangefinder, Outlaw, Hot Swap, Spray and Pray
- Column 3 – Rifled Barrel, Smallbore, Reinforced Barrel, Hammer Forged, Braced Frame, Explosive Rounds, Hand Loaded
- Column 4 – Hidden Hand/Icarus, Luck in the Chamber, Third Eye, Reactive Reload, Life Support, Grenadier, Army of One
Note: Field Choke, Linear Compensator, Accurized Ballistics all increase the damage per pellet by 1. Aggressive Ballistics increases it by 2. Soft Ballistics decreases it by 1.
As always, the two best sights on HCs are SureShot and TrueSight, since they both help to boost the average base aim assist, but I would say they’re the least important part of a great roll.
In the second column, Rangefinder is universally considered to be the very best perk, and no God-Roll is complete without it. Outlaw is a passable second option, but after that it’s a steep drop off to Hot Swap and Spray and Pray, neither of which are optimal choices.
In the third column, Rifled Barrel is again the universally acclaimed choice, but Smallbore, Hammer Forged, and Reinforced Barrel (if you don’t care about the massive hit to stability) are all very passable second options. If you are trying to get a Luck in the Chamber build, Smallbore and Braced Frame will be your two best choices. Explosive Rounds and Hand Loaded bring up the rear of the preferred perks in this slot, with ER greatly increasing your opponents flinch, and HL giving a minute boost to the range stat.
In the final column, Hidden Hand and Icarus are my two top choices, given their all around usefulness, but some people will want Luck in the Chamber, depending upon their play-style. Third Eye is always solid in PvP, and Reactive Reload can be put to fantastic use situationally, so don’t sleep on either of those. Life Support, Grenadier, and Army of One are all also decent options, so you really can’t go wrong in this column, unless you get Mulligan.
- Pros – Above average Range and Stability. High Mag Size.
- Cons – Low Reload Speed. Below average Aim Assist.
- Time-to-Kill: 1.03s (two shots)
- Rate of Fire: 14
- Impact: 61 (20 damage per pellet, 240 total)
- Range: 17
- Max Range: 32
- Stability: 36
- Reload Speed: 23
- Mag Size: 6
- Aim Assist: 40
- Column 1 – Accurized Ballistics/Linear Compensator/Field Choke, Smooth Ballistics
- Column 2 – Rangefinder, Life Support, Crowd Control, Close and/or Personal, Battle Runner, Grenadier, Army of One
- Column 3 – Reinforced Barrel/Rifled Barrel, Smallbore
- Column 4 – Performance Bonus, Final Round, Replenish, Underdog
In the barrel mods slot, any perk that boosts both Range and Impact is going to be something to look out for, which means Accurized Ballistics, Linear Compensator, and Field Choke are your go-to’s. If you can’t get one of those, then Smooth Ballistics will give you a boost to only Range.
The next two columns are very similar to the Finnala’s recommendations, in that Rangefinder and another Range boosting perk are necessary for the perfect roll. Thankfully, because shotguns don’t need Stability at all, we have a choice between Rifled Barrel and Reinforced Barrel in the third column, with Smallbore as a solid backup. If you can’t get Rangefinder in column 2, there are still quite a few decent perks left in this slot, including Life Support and Crowd Control. Close and/or Personal is a great perk for taking down roaming supers with a melee after a shotgun hit, and Battle Runner is just plain fun to use with shotguns. Bringing up the tail-end of the decent perks are Grenadier and Army of One, which are both always nice bonuses.
In the last column, Performance Bonus is pretty solidly the best option, other than for those players who like to partake in the high risk/high reward game that is Final Round. Replenish is surprisingly more useful than it would seem at first, filling your mag whenever you cast a super, and Underdog can help you out in some clutch situations by pushing Range just a little bit farther out than normal.