From the Activision Blog:
Tonight at the 15th annual Game Developers Choice Awards, Bungie and Activision took home the award for Best Technology for Destiny.
Representatives from Bungie were on-site to accept the award, which was selected by a group of game developers, publishers, and other professionals and hosted in partnership with this week’s Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
In other GDC news:
- More than 17 million registered players
- 1.1+ billion hours played
- 200 billion aliens killed
- Average total playtime per player: 77 hours
- Average daily playtime per player: 3 hours
- Average total activities per player: 230