In the latest Bungie Weekly Update, some of next week’s upcoming patch details were revealed, as well as information about what we can expect in early 2018, Season 2, and beyond!
We also got a closer look at the images of the Dawning armor and Iron Banner ornaments that were revealed in the TwitchCon livestream earlier this month.
According to Game Director Christopher Barrett, here is a taste of what we can expect from a larger update in 2018:
- New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
- Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
- Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
- Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
- Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
- Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
- Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
- Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
- Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
- New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
- An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.
We don’t know exactly when these things will be added into Destiny 2, but it’s likely that most of them will be added with Season 2 in 2018, either with or soon after its launch.