Click here for to see the best perks for the Gunsmith’s primary weapons.
#3 – Zarinaea-D
- Last Resort – Focused Fire – Single Point Sling / Hand Loaded / Rifled Barrel
- Relentless Tracker – Spray and Play – Single Point Sling / Speed Reload / Rifled Barrel
- Relentless Tracker – Focused Fire – Single Point Sling / Fitted Stock / Rifled Barrel
Focused Fire is hot garbage in the Crucible, but the extra damage, Range, and reduced recoil greatly enhance your bullet efficiency outside it, making Roll 3 here a perfect weapon for a young Guardian just now venturing out into the wild black yonder. None of these are really worth it for anyone else.
#2 or 3 – SUROS ARI-45
- Perfect Balance, Appended Magazine/ Single Point Sling, Smallbore/ Glass Half Full
- Fitted Stock, Oiled Frame / Snapshot, Hand Laid Stock / Hidden Hand
- High Caliber Rounds, Casket Mag / Snapshot, Smallbore / Outlaw
There are some interesting choices here, on this weakest of Autorifle archetypes that got no love last week. But for me, Roll 3 comes the closest to shoring up the weapon’s weaknesses and might just let you win a few gunfights in short-mid range. HCR ups the flinch factor, maybe buying you time as your opponent misses a few shots, and Snapshot gets you on target fast. Smallbore pushes up your Stability enough to make this gun even easier to handle.
#3 – SUROS PDX-41
- Fitted Stock / Feather Mag – Secret Round – Lightweight / Reinforced Barrel
- Hammer Forged / Feather Mag – Secret Round – Speed Reload / Hand-Laid Stock
- Perfect Balance / Appended Mag – Partial Refund – Speed Reload / Smallbore
This isn’t an ideal roll, mind you, but Perfect Balance + Smallbore should knock the recoil down close to 0, meaning you can reliably slay at range without almost no reticle bounce. SPO-28 gives you decent zoom and a small Aim Assist bump, helping the mid-long range role. Partial Refund will probably (unfortunately) proc a lot, due to your slower rate of fire letting people escape your shots, but at least the damage is high enough to make every burst count.
None – SUROS PDX-45
- High Caliber Rounds / Feather Mag – Headseeker – Lightweight / Reinforced Barrel
- Hammer Forged / Appended Magazine – Partial Refund – Lightweight / Hand-Laid Stock
- High Caliber Rounds / Feather Mag – Zen Moment – Single Point Sling / Reinforced Barrel
Reinforced Barrel and Hand-Laid Stock basically ruin this gun. Move along, Guardians, move along.
#1 or 3 – Aoife Rua-D
- Counterbalance – Feeding Frenzy – Explosive Rounds / Armor Piercing Rounds / Braced Frame
- Unflinching – Guerrilla Fighter – Explosive Rounds / Armor Piercing Rounds / Braced Frame
- Counterbalance – Feeding Frenzy – High Caliber Rounds / Snapshot / Braced Frame
With the massive shake-up in the Sniper world, a lot of people are looking for the next big thing – let me gently point you toward the Aoife as an option. The Scout scope is among the lowest zoom in the game and very comfortable. Feeding Frenzy keeps you loaded after every kill – even body shot slayings count. Meanwhile, Counterbalance gives you a perfectly vertical recoil, and Braced Frame knocks that down to a very minimal bounce, making follow up shots easy. Play this like a long range double-tapping scout rifle and I think you’ll be impressed. Happy slaying, Guardians!
#3 – SUROS DIS-47
- Hammer Forged / Feather Mag – Zen Moment – Speed Reload / Injection Mold
Hammer Forged balances out Injection Mold, and that plus Zen Moment gives us a really solid Stability boost to make this a pretty decent roll. That said, most players will want Full Auto, and will need to wait another week.
#3 – Eirene RR4
- Army of One – Quickdraw / Casket Mag – Battle Runner / Eye of the Storm
This roll gives us the best scope and a nice choice between Quickdraw and Casket Mag to make it work in both PVP and PVE. Eye of the Storm can boost your low Aim Assist in clutch situations, and Army of One is at least functional on a sniper rifle. As a tool for eliminating adds at range, it will be rewarding. In PVP, it’ll take some effort, but can still work.
#2 – Uffern HC4
- Truesight IS – Zen Moment – Lightweight / Rifled Barrel – Firefly / Eye of the Storm
Zen Moment isn’t ideal with so much Stability already, but it will mean that your Aim Assist stays near max even after several shots. Rifled Barrel extends the reach of that Aim Assist considerably, and is nearly required here. Finally, use Firefly to wreck alien face in PVE, but swap to Eye of the Storm for a lovely AA bump under fire. The buff starts at 50% health and jumps again at 25%.
#1 or 2 – Gaheris-D
- Hot Swap – Outlaw – Snapshot/High Caliber Rounds/Reinforced Barrel
- Crowd Control – Rangefinder – Snapshot/Explosive Rounds/Smallbore
Roll 1 has the lovely Sureshot sight, Hot Swap to keep your Accuracy maxed on swap, Outlaw for instant reloads, and Reinforced Barrel so you can hit someone at a decent range. All-in-all a solid pick. Then again, Roll 2 has Rangefinder to boost your zoom/effective range and reduce recoil, plus the Crowd Control / Explosive Rounds combo which can result in nasty double and follow-up kills. I’d grab 2, but take your pick!
#1 – SUROS ARI-41
- Perfect Balance/Feather Mag – Lightweight/Smallbore – Take A Knee
Roll 1 will bring near-perfect Stability (especially while crouching), which makes landing those 9 crit kills in .9 seconds completely doable for even average players. That said, the effective Range could be better, and Take a Knee requiring half a second of crouching means it will be harder to use in a fast-paced environment that already punishes Auto Rifles.
#2 – SUROS DIS-43
- Fitted Stock/Appended Magazine – Outlaw – Speed Reload/Hand-Laid Stock
If you’re new to Scout Rifles, the Crucible, or Destiny in general, this is a great weapon for learning the mechanics. It’s extremely forgiving in PVP, and the high Range and Stability on this roll only emphasize that trait. Choose the scope of your preference – none is bad – and enjoy the instant reloads from Outlaw.
- Häkke Gaheris-D
- Omolon Kumakatok HC4
- Häkke Tamar-D
- Häkke Aoife Rua-D
- Omolon Uzume RR4