This article can also be found at Bungie.net
The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience. These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.
Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.
- Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
- Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
- Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
- Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items
- Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
- Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
- Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest–even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already…
New community data
In other news, DestinyDB.com has another great breakdown of the Guardians in-game and how the community is choosing to play.
Number of players
There’s now 539,957+ Guardians – almost the same population as Las Vegas!
First level 30
Few Guardians have reached level 30, with the first being this past Monday, check out the the current level breakdown below:
The Vault of Glass
Many have braved the Vault of Glass and have come out victorious, and in all the runs we’ve tracked since the raid launched we’ve seen a subclass breakdown of:
Top PvP Classes
The Crucible is where some of the most battle-hardened Guardians test their mettle against each other and we’ve pulled some interesting stats on them.
Subclasses of the Top 100 Guardians by Combat Rating with at least 100 games played:
The subclasses of those who stayed alive in PvP matches for 1 minute or longer split out as follows: